The school maintains health records on each child so that the best care and treatment can be given. Injured and ill children are assessed and treated accordingly. Parents can greatly assist us in our efforts to provide the best care for children by ensuring that the School Administration has the following information on file and that it is current and accurate:
- A health history (attached to the registration form) – please make sure to note any allergies;
- A photocopy of the current immunization record;
- Home telephone number and mobile number (confirmed each year); parents are urged to communicate any change of address or contact numbers as soon as possible.
- Emergency telephone number of a friend/relative in the event that we cannot reach you (to be confirmed each year). Please indicate the relationship this individual has with your child – e.g. uncle, aunt, older sibling, close friend, etc.
VIS offers a food service option through a selected, high-quality vendor. During students’ break times, the cafeteria provides a selection of warm and cold foods and drinks for sale. Parents may wish to supplement this by arranging for their child to bring a packed lunch to school. If this is the case, please ensure that children have a lunch box for their lunch items.
As part of our emphasis on healthy food choices, we recommend the following:
- A sandwich containing fresh, natural ingredients, such as salad, cooked meats, jam or cheese (Please do not send chocolate spread or peanut butter, or high sugar-content foods);
- Fresh fruits or vegetables (cucumber, carrot, celery, etc.);
- Biscuits (without chocolate, sugar, high fructose sugars);
- Water and/or Fresh, natural juice (not nectar, juice drinks, or high fructose sugar drinks). During hot weather it is essential that your child has sufficient water or juice. Please use non-breakable containers; no glass bottles, as these can shatter and possibly result in injury;
Note: Carbonated and/or high-energy, high-fructose drinks are strictly forbidden in school.
Bus Transportation Service:
Safe, air-conditioned transport is available for students living in Al Wakra. When you submit the application for your child, please ensure that you stop by admissions and register your location on the map, which will help us plan the best bus service.